No Child Will Drown In Our Town
We're Committed to NCWDOT - No Child Will Drown In Our Town Swim Clinic
No Child Will Drown in Our Town (NCWDOT) is a comprehensive swim lesson and water safety program focusing on safe swimming methods. NCWDOT will be offered FREE of charge to all children who reside within the boroughs that are a part of the William Penn School District as well as surrounding communities. It is our mission to educate and give the gift of swimming to every child and decrease the amount of drownings in children. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States has more than 3,500 accidental drownings every year. That is almost 10 a day. Among these alarming numbers this: The fatal-drowning rate of African-American children ages 5-14 is three times that of Caucasian children.
During the 10-day swim program, NCWDOT takes an accelerated approach to swimming education by immediately immersing the children into a safe water experience. With 10-12 hours in the water and a 3:1 ratio, our goal is to endow each child with the tools to feel confident and to ultimately thrive in water. Based on the NCWDOT Swim Curriculum, our goal is to have all children complete the program on a Level 3 or above. The NCWDOT swim program is valued at $600 per child for 10-hours of swim lessons and a $200 value per child for 4 hours of water babies classes.
Each NCWDOT swim session
● Can accommodate 75 children, ages 5-13 and
20 children ages 12 months-4.
● We have the capability to host six 2-week sessions
during the season.
● NCWDOT will serve over 300 children in 2021.
● Outfitted with a swim cap and goggles.
● Provided a healthy light snack and beverage.
● Complete a pre- and post- program evaluation
and be provided recommendations for future swim lessons.
NCWDOT 2019 Impact
● Served 300 youth, exceeding goal by 225 youth.
● 100% of youth achieved water safety completion.
● 95% of youth felt advanced enough to jump off the diving board into 11ft.
*NCWDOT was on hiatus the Summer of 2020 due to COVID-19.*
NCWDOT August 2021 Registration...