Sat, Oct 09|
Gentle Spirits Stables
Nile Swim Club Gentle Spirits Equestrian Camp
Fall Introductory Equestrian Camp for 6-10 year old children.
Time & Location
Oct 09, 2021, 10:00 AM EDT – Nov 20, 2021, 2:00 PM EST
Gentle Spirits Stables, 8118 Pontiac Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153, USA
About the Event
The Nile Swim Club has partnered with the Gentle Spirits Stables to provide a Free Fall Equestrian Camp.
This is a six week introductory camp to be held on the following Saturday's- (10/9, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6,
11/13 & 11/20).
Children must be between the ages of 6-10 with weight limit of 90lbs.
There are SIX 45 minute sessions. Camp starts promptly at the top of each hour(10am/11am/12pm/1pm)
Children should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
Children will learn the following skills:
-Introduction to being an Equestrian and how it applies to your life.
- Respecting & communicating with horses - strength, temperament and mood.
-Safely handling horses – including bathing, brushing, feeding, cleaning, etc.
- Mounting & guided walk with horses.
-Guided walk with horses/carriage ride.
- Finale – mounted walk on trail - referrals to advanced camps/lessons as requested –
closing reception with light snacks – pictures with horses – pinned with ribbons.
- Sturdy shoes/boot, tie-up (no sneakers)
- Helmets (camp sponsored) kids are welcome to wear scarf under helmet
- Shirts (camp sponsored)
-Jeans (if necessary)
- Masks required
- Long hair must be tied back
- No jewelry
- No hoodies